This 1-day course is available for Prospective clients who are interested in auditing our program. The training will cover NAPPI’s Humane and Effective Response Options®, including NAPPI’s Foundation Principals, Intro to De-escalation, Intro to Self-Protection, and an Intro to Forming Partnerships.
What You Will Learn
- Stay safe and be more effective in ALL situations using NAPPI SMART Principles®.
- The Language of Violence: The Lalemand Behavior Scale®.
- Using the Lalemand Behavior Scale to create clean and objective documentation.
- How to make a clear request – and be heard the first time.
- Three skills to keep conversations on track – and avoid being sucked into the argument.
- Offering realistic choices during high-stress interactions.
- Now That’s Motivation – help those you serve create a livable life with NAPPI’s ‘Green’ Behavior Scale.
- Basic physical skills training in NAPPI‘s safe and humane physical intervention skills.
No NAPPI certification or prerequisites required. Check the schedule in the left hand margin for upcoming Public Events at which NAPPI Fundamentals I will be offered.
Training Hours: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm